After two years of presenting performances online due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Mizzou International Composers Festival is pleased to announce that the 13th annual MICF is returning to in-person concerts — starting Monday evening, July 25th!
The opening concert of the 2022 MICF is scheduled for 7:30 PM CDT at Sheryl Crow Hall in the Sinquefield Music Center.
The MICF kickoff concert will feature resident Mizzou students performing works by Stephen Landy, María Disandro, JT Wolfe, Josè Martinez, Andrew Wiele, and MICF guest composer Angélica Negrón.
Here is the complete program, with performers listed for each composition:
- Stephen Landy (b. 1996), Shady Run (2021), Stephen Landy, drum set (+fixed electronics), 5’
- María Disandro (b. 1985), Inland Voices (2022), Valentina Arango, alto flute, 6’
- JT Wolfe (b. 2003), Blizzard (2022), Andrew Wiele, b cl, Johanny Barbosa, vn, Andy Lewis, vc, 6′
- Josè Martinez (b. 1983), The Spiral on Your Back (2015), Jordan Nielsen, percussion (+electronics), 8’
- Andrew Wiele (b. 1996), III. Yellow from Infinite Color (2021), Andrew Wiele, b cl (+electronics), 10’
- Angélica Negrón (b. 1981), Gone (2018), Jordan Nielsen, Liz Fetzer, Justin Cupps, and Colton Johnson, percussion (+electronics), 6’
Admission to this concert — and to all 2022 MICF events – is free.
For the complete 2022 MICF event schedule, click here.