In case you missed them, here are links to some newspaper stories about the 2016 Mizzou International Composers Festival:
* “Making maps: Composers’ festival charts course of new music” by Aarik Danielsen of the Columbia Tribune.
* Danielsen also penned a sidebar story detailing “Who’s New, Who’s Who” among this year’s MICF participants.
* “New music premieres at Mizzou International Composers Festival” by Rebecca Ferman of the Columbia Missourian.
* The Missourian also published a gallery of pictures of Alarm Will Sound, taken by photographer Youngrae Kim at one of the ensemble’s MICF rehearsals.
* Trey Makler, Mizzou’s representative among this year’s eight resident composers, was profiled by reporter Traci M. Black for his hometown paper, the Farmington Daily Journal, in an article headlined “Local composer’s work to be showcased at festival“.
Once again this year, the Mizzou New Music Initiative also promoted the festival with a TV spot, which ran both online and on broadcast TV in mid-Missouri. You can see the spot in the embedded window below.